CREATION OF THE WORLD BONSAI FRIENDSHIP FOREST.
* 23 trees African Olive (Olea europea sub. africana) were used.
* The tree is indigenous and endemic to most of Southern Africa.
* The Olive leaf is a symbol of Victory and Peace.
* The tree lives beyond 1000 years and even species of to 6000 years are alive.
On Friday 23 October 2015, the Mayor of Stellenbosch, Conrad Sidego,
placed the first tree in the Forest, under guidance of Jonathan Cain,
President of African Bonsai Association.
Stellenbosch City Hall
Jiro Fukuda, Chairman World Bonsai Friendship Federation,
placing tree on behalf of European region, Chinese Region and Australia/New Zealand Region.
Solita Rosade, Chairman North American Bonsai Federation,
placing trees on behalf of South American Region and Asia Pacific Region.
Hiroshi Takeyama, Director Japanese Region
with Willem Pretorius, Chairman South African Bonsai Society.
Nikunj Parekh, Director Indian Region
Nearing the final result, with Denise Cain doing final placing.
World Bonsai Friendship Federation Forest, to be housed in the Stellenbosch Botanical Gardens.
Credits in order of appearance
* Jonathan Cain, President African Bonsai Association.
* Denise Cain, wife of Jonathan Cain.
* Conrad Sidego, Mayor of Stellenbosch.
* Jiro Fukuda, Chairman World Bonsai Friendship Federation.
* Naemi Iwasaki, vice Chairman World Bonsai Friendship Federation
* Solita Rosade, Chairman Emeritus and director or North American and Canadian region.
* Willem Pretorius, Chairman of South African Bonsai Association.
* Nikunj Parekh, director of the Indian Region.
* Jyoti Parekh, international consultant World Bonsai Friendship Federation.
* Tony Tickle, Headliner from the United Kingdom.
* Francois Jeker, Headliner from France.
* Hiroshi Takeyama, director Japanese region.
* Ryan Niel, headliner from the United States of America.
* Rudi Adams, author and the Father of bonsai in South Africa from the Western Cape.
* Charles Ceronio author and the Father of bonsai in South Africa from Gauteng.
* Shaundre Croukamp, winner of the National New Talent award at only 15 years old.
* Xavier De Lapeyre, African Bonsai Association Consultant from Mauritius and World Bonsai Friendship Federation International Consultant.
* Neli Stoyanova African Bonsai Association Consultant from Zambia and World Bonsai Friendship Federation International Consultant.
* Gayle Theron, Mother of bonsai in South Africa from the Western Cape.
* Yukihiko Konishi, international consultant World Bonsai Friendship Federation.